Restoring faith to humanity.......something that cleanses one's soul

Discussion in 'Manga' started by ANIME LOVER, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

While roaming around KISSMANGA I suddenly found a manga entitled Machida-kun no Sekai. Those who've already read that one will get the meaning of the title of this thread. I mean, THIS IS A GEM. Just wonderful.
    Now, I am seeking suggestion of manga with the MC that gives the vibe of HUMANITY (Machida-kun no Sekai reference, oh now that I remember OREMONOGATARI can be put as a reference too). Reading them will cleanse your soul, and that's my requirement. Name as many as you can.:)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. SeShina

SeShina New Member

Berserk

3. LaconicKibitz

LaconicKibitz New Member Volunteers

Dude. If anything, Berserk shows that you should never trust other people because humans are terrible creatures. xD

Try Bonnouji or Silver Spoon.

ANIME LOVER likes this.
  4. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

?????????????????????? ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thnx anyway.

5. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

Bonnouji is a good pick. I liked it.
    Silver Spoon.....I haven't read it it. Gonna give it a try now.
    Thnx, m8.

6. DerpyMangaReader

DerpyMangaReader New Member

Hmmmm... Machida-kun no Sekai looks quite good, I came for recommendations and looked in the right place:p

7. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

It's just soooooooooooo good, right? I usually avoid shoujo manga. But this one hooked me up. It's my second time re-reading this (well, they have only 15 chaps now)

8. DerpyMangaReader

DerpyMangaReader New Member

Huh? oh, yes it's great (I haven't actually finished it :oops: but I knew it was going to be good from the start:D)

9. Lost Paradise SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lost Paradise SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Todoroki SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No other manga out there can speak the words "Restore the Faith in Humanity" better than Natsume Yuujinchou. I think what you're looking for is something quite different. You're looking for perpetual feel good manga that focuses on the innocence and purity of the characters. Personally speaking, I find these feel good manga artificial and meaningless because they lack a root story and doesn't really try to deliver any ideology but that's just me. If you are indeed looking for some feel good manga, I would recommend these as an alternative.

Angel Densetsu
    3 Gatsu no Lion
    Kimi Ni Todoke
    Hinamatsuri

10. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

You got it, bro.

11. ANIME LOVER

ANIME LOVER New Member

About natsume yuujinchou, I've watched the 1st season (the anime). Every episode left me with an aching heart. They were successful delivering the messege, but drew a dissatisfying conclusion for a HAPPY-ENDING lover like me. Yet, they were GOOD.